Drug crimes are very common in Florida, but that doesn’t mean the penalties of a conviction are any less severe. Depending on the charges, you could face a long list of consequences including fines, incarceration, loss of the right to possess a firearm, and other penalties. Todd A. Kawecki is a drug crime lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens who knows what it takes to achieve successful outcomes in these cases.
With many years of experience in criminal law, Todd Kawecki has earned a reputation as one of Florida’s top drug crime defense lawyers. He will tirelessly investigate your case, searching for any mistakes made by law enforcement that could work in your favor.
There are many potential ways to fight for reduced penalties, reduced charges, or the outright dismissal of a drug crime case. To discuss your situation and learn your rights, call Todd today at 772-272-9269.
Drug Crime Cases We Handle in Palm Beach Gardens
When facing drug charges, it’s important that you find a criminal defense lawyer who has experience and knowledge pertaining to your specific situation. Such an attorney will know the most effective way to defend your rights.
Todd Kawecki has successfully defended clients against a broad range of drug charges. Below is a list of the types of cases he commonly handles:
- Sale or possession of marijuana
- Sale or possession of cocaine
- Sale or possession of ecstasy
- Sale or possession of heroin
- Sale or possession of hydrocodone
- Possession or sale of oxycodone
- Possession or sale of paraphernalia
- Possession or sale of alprazolam
- Possession or sale of methamphetamine
Penalties for Drug Crimes in Florida
If you are facing drug charges, the penalties of a conviction will depend on a number of factors. The best way to understand your charges and the potential consequences is to speak with a Palm Beach Gardens drug attorney.
The amount of drugs in question, what you were doing with the drugs, where you were at the time of the alleged offense, and your criminal history could all be relevant to your case. Below is a brief overview of potential penalties of a drug crime conviction in Florida:
- Incarceration: There could be a mandatory prison sentence if you were selling narcotics or if your offense involved a particular amount of drugs.
- Loss of Driving Privileges: If you were arrested for possession of certain narcotics, you could face a year-long driver’s license suspension. This is often one of the most impactful consequences of a conviction since people rely on driving to maintain employment and complete basic tasks.
- Fines: Certain convictions come with steep fines that can reach several thousand dollars.
- Loss of Other Freedoms: You could lose your right to possess a firearm, as well as other freedoms if convicted.
Contact a Palm Beach Gardens Drug Lawyer Today
It goes without saying that there’s a lot at stake when facing drug charges. Attorney Todd A. Kawecki is ready to review your case and help you make the right decisions to protect your future. Call 772-272-9269 today for a consultation.